The Multi Needs Program, housed at A.E.R.O. Educational Center, serves students in pre-kindergarten through post-high school with severe/profound cognitive disabilities, multiple disabilities, physical impairments, health impairments, and/or autism within a self-contained educational setting. Key components of the Multi Needs Program include:
- Program emphasis is on the development of critical academic and life skills through a collaborative team based approach.
- Daily instruction focuses on communication, socialization, daily living skills, leisure skills, motor development, community-based instruction, health management, vocational training/instruction, behavior management, and assistive technology.
- Curriculum content is aligned with the Illinois Learning Standards and includes Research Based Interventions.
- Students within the program have access to related services as indicated on their IEP.
- The goal of the Multi Needs Program is to prepare our students to become participating members of their communities. Through individualized instruction, our students work towards individual goals that will enable them to maximize their potential.
- Parent participation is an integral component in the educational program. Ongoing communication and collaboration is encouraged.
7600 South Mason Avenue
Burbank, IL 60459