The Multi Needs Program, housed at A.E.R.O. Educational Center, serves students in pre-kindergarten through post-high school with severe/profound intellectual disabilities, multiple disabilities, physical impairments, health impairments, and/or autism within a self-contained educational setting.
Key components of the Multi Needs Program include:
- Program emphasis is on the development of critical academic and life skills through a collaborative team-based approach.
- Daily instruction focuses on communication, socialization, daily living skills, leisure skills, motor development, community-based instruction, health management, vocational training/instruction, behavior management, and assistive technology.
- Curriculum content is aligned with the Illinois Learning Standards and Common Core Standards. Research-Based Interventions are included as part of the curricula.
- Students within the program have access to related services as indicated on their IEP.
- The goal of the Multi Needs Program is to prepare our students to become participating members of their communities. Through individualized instruction, our students work towards individual goals that will enable them to achieve academic, functional, and post-secondary success.
- Parent participation is an integral component in the educational program. Ongoing communication and collaboration is encouraged.
Lisa Poe – AERO Educational Principal
AERO Educational Center (Dist. 806)
7600 South Mason Avenue
Burbank, IL 60459